Side dish, 6 people
- 2 large heads of broccoli
- 8 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- olive oil
- 3 firm red tomatoes,halved, deseeded and finely sliced
- a small bunch of fresh chives, finely chopped
For the dressing:
- 1/2 a close of garlic, peeled and finely grated
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon Musterd
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Use a small knife to remove the broccoli florets and cut them up until really small pieces. If you want you can also cut the base in slices and use them in the salad as well.
Blanch the broccoli florets (and sliced stalkes) in boiled salted water for about 60 seconds. This will soften the broccoli but it will still have a good bite for the salad. Drain this in a colander, then spread it around a clean tea towwel to steam dry. When this is done, put the broccoli in a serving dish.
Fry the bacon with a little bit of olive oil until crispy. Add this to the broccoli. If you want you van use the fat that is left over for the dressing. For the dressing you mix all the ingredients together.
Add to the broccoli and bacon, the tomatoes and the chives. Add the dressing and mix really good.
Resource: Jamie Oliver